- 10m 2×2.5m² speaker cable (€7.95)
- 2pc 1m 32mm PVC waste water plumbing pipe (€1.85/pc)
- 4pc 32mm PVC plumbing 90deg elbow (€0.75/pc)
- 1pc 32mm PVC plumbing T-piece (€1.65)
- The 1m pipes each will be cut in two, which will provide 4pc 50cm pipes. One of which will later be further split to accommodate the T-piece.
- Extend the cable to full length and run it successively through the parts, i.e. T-piece - short pipe - elbow - pipe - elbow, etc. An exercise which will be repeated until all parts are dangling on the loose wire loop. Let both ends of the speaker cable some out the angled of the T-piece.
- Plunge all parts together, carfully pulling the slack out the loop, not fully though! Check everything.
- When satisfied, apply PVC plumbing glue to the joints and try getting the rest of slack out of the loop.
I bought 90deg elbows, 45deg ones are available too. Making in octagon-loop will slightly increase the aerial area, which would be a good thing! However, twice the amount of elbows would be required, resulting in severe increase of sawing/gluing work... Well, as I am a lazy dawg, I preferred as much work done as I could... therefore, a square it will be!
Further progress will be posted on the draaggolf, so, stay tuned. The project will be known as the Plumbtenna.